Friday, January 23, 2009

A Moment

So I posted a little while ago about how I'm an idiot for continuing to watch my "estrogen-y" shows and reducing myself to tears every Thursday. Well, this week I figured I'd be prepared. I DVR'ed Greys so I could watch it during the day with Jack awake so I could see him running around and get annoyed with him when he chucked Thomas figurines at me and it would take some of the gut-wrenching-ness out of watching his TV counterpart spiral downhill, only to be saved in the nick of time...

FAILURE.

Didn't work AT ALL.

Instead, I scooped Jack into my arms for a huge hug which he initially resisted so I said, "No, you're not going anywhere!" and held him tighter... then I realized the profundity of what I had just said and I think he felt my desperation because he threw his arms around my neck and gave into the embrace as I sobbed against his fluffy little head saying, "not going anywhere" over and over. Yes, I am this pathetic. After a few minutes of this disgusting display of hormones, Jack leaned back in my lap and looked at me, as if to say, "Dude, you going to be alright?" Well of course seeing his quizzical blue eyes searching my face for an answer as to why I'm melting down made me dissolve into more tears and iterations of "I love you". I think he quickly gave up trying to understand me (smart boy) and decided instead to wipe my tears away. Yes, my not-even-two-year-old was sitting on my lap wiping tears off (a little brutally... might have been a combination of wiping tears away and slapping sense into me) my stupid face... all because I can't stop watching Grey's Anatomy. It was a futile effort since his sincerity just made me cry harder. Eventually he rolled his eyes and gave me his Eeyore like, "Fine, if this is what it takes to get you to shut up, take my lovie." I did calm down because he needed me to.

I am so pathetic it's unreal.

Dare I even try watching Private Practice? Of course I will. Because I'm LAME. Oh, and in two weeks they're combining the two shows for a special estrogen-y "EVENT". Fantastic. I'll watch it and hate myself for it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

What I Write About...

babyfood making (14) blogging (30) Brain Vomit (11) breastfeeding (3) bugs (2) children (88) cooking (5) crafts (1) family (28) friendship (10) germs (4) house (6) housework (41) humor (50) life (60) manners (3) marriage (12) me (40) parenting (46) pet bunny (5) photographs (64) politics (1) pregnancy (15) recipes (2) reflections (50) relationships (5) school (2) summer (10) toddler food (5) TV (3) twins (19) weird (4)