Monday, September 13, 2010

Back2Blogging #1 - My First Blog Post

It's not really that I've been away... really... it's just that I've been distracted and tired and barfy... but, ya know... I could use some inspiration here and there.  So, I'm joining the STIS Girls in their blog challenge - Back2Blogging. 


Today, we're re-posting our first post... with possible changes, re-writes, etc... as well as what we like about it.

Here it is: "As If You Don't Waste Enough Time Online Already"

Well, ladies and gentlemen, I suppose I'm doing myself no favors by creating yet another avenue of keeping up with our lives. I'm injecting another method for wasting what little free time I have and thereby making it hard to complain without people rolling their eyes when I say, "gosh, I'm just so busy/tired." What's more, is that I'm sure it's no secret, but I'm a pretty big doufus 90% of the time and a blog is basically guaranteeing that I'll be exposing myself to ridicule and criticism every time I pull a stunt like letting Jack take a grand dump on my cell phone after his bath.

Oh well.

I know most of you are avid readers of the baby page, or at least avid lookers-at-pictures-but-not-leavers-of-comments, but this blog will probably have a little more of the adult (*gasp* but not "adult" as in, wouldn't want to let a priest read it) and a little less of the "oh look how cute my baby is." But, let's be serious, my baby is damn cute, and I'll probably talk about him at least 50% of the time because my life consists of little else.

Distilled down, I just said this page is going to be really boring. That being the case, read at your own risk. Enjoy if you can. And welcome.

Best,
Melissa

****

I began my blog when my husband was deployed and I was lonely - reaching out to a few friends and family who read and followed my life with little Jack when it was just the 3 of us.  I don't think I'd change anything about the post, and I'm pretty glad that I've not waived from my original intent.  I did a brief foray into the world of AdSense, but realized that I'm not about trying to keep up with the likes of MckMama, so I took them down and intend to just plain keep it real (note: there is nothing wrong with ads and using a blog as a source of income; I'm just not there right now) as an outlet for my passions and creativity, my venue for venting and gushing, and as a way of connecting to friends all over the world.  And for me, that's just fine.  What do you think? 

3 comments:

Tanya said...

Wow...so much has changed since you first started!!!

Sonora said...

I definitely have never found your blog boring. I had the urge and still do now and then to try to be like McMamma, but I'm with you, it just isn't the right time for me. For now I will gush about my babies now and then and just enjoy writing what and when I want to. The best thing about blogging for me is meeting people like you.
AND...
HOLY COW, congratulations on the pregnancy! Wowee!!! I understand the surprise pregnancy. Mine was the twins so I am glad there is just one for you this time. How exciting, although I can only imagine how you will get through the pregnancy. I hope you get to feeling better quickly and have the easiest pregnancy ever. Blast it that I live so dang far away or I would bring you dinner and watch your kids so you could rest.
CONGRATS!!!!!!

Mama M. said...

Oh, how fun!! I really should jump on board with this...

AND YOWZA!! I've gotta read your last post...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

What I Write About...

babyfood making (14) blogging (30) Brain Vomit (11) breastfeeding (3) bugs (2) children (88) cooking (5) crafts (1) family (28) friendship (10) germs (4) house (6) housework (41) humor (50) life (60) manners (3) marriage (12) me (40) parenting (46) pet bunny (5) photographs (64) politics (1) pregnancy (15) recipes (2) reflections (50) relationships (5) school (2) summer (10) toddler food (5) TV (3) twins (19) weird (4)