Friday, May 16, 2008

Bunny Love



Enzo is our rabbit. We've had him since August 2005 and until Jack, he and his life partner, Esmeralda, were basically our children. Es passed away almost 2 years ago and Enzo was literally heartbroken. They were very much in love.


Tomorrow, Enzo, Jack and I are going to pile into the car and head to Palatka, FL for a bunny speed-dating session.


That's right - speed-dating.


Gainseville Rabbit Rescue has arranged for 3 foster families to bring eligeable bachelorettes to meet us. Depending on with whom Enzo has the most chemistry, we will bring one lucky lady back home with us. 'Zo will get to spend some time with each girlie and we'll know probably within the first minute or so if it's a good match or not.


I remember how tenderly Esmeralda treated Enzo... I knew their relationship, and I know exactly what he needs. I want my tan little boy to have the love and affection he so badly deserves. Though I love on him and so does Justin and even Jack, there's just something missing.


So wish Jack, Enzo and me luck as we go out in search of long-eared love...

Es, we'll always miss you and never replace you... Enzo's first love....

1 comment:

Misty said...

Ahhhh, that's so sweet! I can't wait to hear about Enzo's new lady!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

What I Write About...

babyfood making (14) blogging (30) Brain Vomit (11) breastfeeding (3) bugs (2) children (88) cooking (5) crafts (1) family (28) friendship (10) germs (4) house (6) housework (41) humor (50) life (60) manners (3) marriage (12) me (40) parenting (46) pet bunny (5) photographs (64) politics (1) pregnancy (15) recipes (2) reflections (50) relationships (5) school (2) summer (10) toddler food (5) TV (3) twins (19) weird (4)