She passed a couple of awards on to me...
The Sunshine Award
and the Beautiful Blogger Award.
It means a ton to me to get these from someone I've come to think of as a friend. So thank you, Sonora!
Well, as with all blogging awards, these come with rules and stipulations and blah bitty blah blah blah. I'm just going to do one of those "tidbits of info on Melis" posts and then, in turn, pass these bad boys on to some of my favorite blogs - old and new (to me). Got your coffee and your mouse handy? You're going to want to check these out:
These are the blogs that make my cup of coffee a little sweeter every day... They give me something to laugh about and something to think about, and they've got an awful lot to share.
NOW, I'll to a list of 14 random tidbits of stuff you might find interesting - one for each of the blogs I nominated...
1) I love greasy, fried, salty bar food.
2) I hail from Colorado but have never once gone skiing or snowboarding.
3) I love to write poems. I've even published a couple. But I'm even more bashful about those than I am about photos of myself.
4) I despise all things oral hygiene. (I mean, I do it, but I don't like it.)
5) I hoard glass jars. I don't know why, but I'm sure that I will find something to do with them. It's the only thing I obsessively collect... and it annoys even me.
6) I will never understand how my husband puts up with my snarky, sarcastic, never-ever-serious demeanor.
7) My new-found love for CSI: fillintheblank on Spike during the day is killing my productivity like having twins couldn't DREAM of.
8) I will never (Sorry, Kate!) shop in a Wal-Mart store again as long as I live.
9) My favorite author is Dean Koontz.
10) I am a social liberal and fiscal conservative. Wow, figure that one out...
11) The idea of raw eggs in anything really grosses me out so I prefer Caesar dressing from a jar or bottle.
12) If the school day gets extended by a single minute per the Government, I will home-school my children.
13) I have so my admiration for trendy, fashionable ladies like my sister, but I just can't seem to pull it off...
14) I haven't purchased new undies for myself in years. YEARS.
That's what I've got for ya! If you want to check out the other awards I've received, you can find them under the "Awards" page at the top... Now, get clickin'!