Friday, January 1, 2010

A Little Introduction...

I want to take a whole post to introduce to you all, my few but faithful readers, a new blog.

My mom started a blog called Mu's Nus a couple weeks ago and if you're so inclined, please stop by.  See, my mom ("Mu" is a nickname started by one of my brother's friends... My kids call her "Gramu".) is a fabulous writer.  And what's interesting is that when I'm actually listening to her, she proves to have some fairly riveting stuff to say.  Better still, if she isn't saying anything fascinating at all, she at least tells it in a way that makes you laugh.

She is my inspiration for so much.  I wouldn't be the woman I am today and my children would not have the mother they do, nor would my husband have the wife he does if I weren't constantly striving to exude her strength and grace and to apply the lessons she taught me... and, hell, let's be serious - continues to teach me.  The same goes for writing.  Any iota of skill I have for the craft (and certainly the entirety of my love for words and wit) are directly attributable to her. 

So please, check out her little corner of the internet and say hi if you get a moment and the fancy strikes you.  I can't keep her all to myself...  

4 comments:

Kate said...

I will definitely pop over and say hi.

Your comment on my blog today?

BEST.COMMENT.EVAH!!! You seriously made me laugh. I love me some Melis.

Shannon K. said...

I will be sure to go check out her blog! I'm off to bed for now, but I will do it tomorrow. Hope you are well...Happy New Year.

*Jess* said...

Thanks for the link!

Mu said...

Geez, Melis! Thanks for the plug - I'm kinda deciding whether I wanna laugh or cry because I managed to somehow raise such a wonderful daughter. (the cash will be left in an unmarked envelope under the doormat...)
Love you, kid. Mu.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

What I Write About...

babyfood making (14) blogging (30) Brain Vomit (11) breastfeeding (3) bugs (2) children (88) cooking (5) crafts (1) family (28) friendship (10) germs (4) house (6) housework (41) humor (50) life (60) manners (3) marriage (12) me (40) parenting (46) pet bunny (5) photographs (64) politics (1) pregnancy (15) recipes (2) reflections (50) relationships (5) school (2) summer (10) toddler food (5) TV (3) twins (19) weird (4)